Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: Element Targeted Toning Yoga DVD

Element: Targeted Toning Yoga
Meaghan Kennedy Townsend, 2015

This DVD contains three separate 20 minute yoga routines. You can mix & match from the main menu to create your own mix; a warm up & cool down (corpse pose) are automatically added to your routine. You wont need any equipment for this workout. The DVD is done in voice over & filmed in a lovely green plush garden area.

Abs & Core: Poses include breath work, gate, cat cow, bird dog knee pulls, plank, breath of fire, childs pose, down dog, forward fold, mt. pose, 3 legged plannk, chair pose, boat to 1/ boat, table pose, supine leg drops, and seated forward fold.

Glutes & Thighs: Poses include seated stretches, Mt pose, chair pose, toe chair, single leg chair, forward fold, low runners lunge, crescent, warrior 3 and low hold, down dog, horses breath, twisted chair, warrior 2, side angle pose, reverse warrior, and sumo shifts.

Arms & Shoulders: Poses include seated stretches, chair with goal post arms & pull downs, forward fold, down dog, chataranga push-ups, childs pose, dolphin, warrior 1, arm balance sequence, bound angle pose, and eagle pose.

I rate these intermediate routines that can be modified to fit most fitness levels. Each routine contains stretching, yoga poses, and targeted strength poses. I like Meaghan, she is obviously very knowledgeable and provides great form reminders and also provides the sanskrit pose name. I like that the routines are not the same old sun salutation/ vinyassa flows that I find in many yoga DVDs. Each routine is very different than the other. I received this DVD to review. 

For More Information, Visit:
The Anchor Bay Website 
Anchor Bay on Twitter 
Element: The Mind Body Experience on Facebook on Amazon 

I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment