Health, Nutrtion and Beauty Topics With Expert Advice
- ‘You Are What You Eat--’ In the beauty world this statement couldn’t be more true! “You can use all the products in the world but if you aren’t taking care of your body and feeding it properly, it can be counter productive,” says Nicole Avena, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Visiting Professor of Health Psychology at Princeton University. Speak with Dr. Avena about how eating the proper foods that promote hydration, are anti-inflammatory, and that can improve skin elasticity, can improve how your hair and skin look at feel.
- Bye-bye Summer Hair-- It’s time to take a look at what needs a refresher with our hair care routine. Correcting hair and skin damage from the sun and maintaining healthy hair into the fall doesn’t happen overnight; it takes some preparation to keep hair looking shiny and strong. Speak with NYC/Miami Hair Stylist, Lucy Garcia Planck, with ideas and tips on how to suppress summer hair damage and keep it looking shiny and healthy as we move into fall.
- Don’t be Vitamin D Deficient This Winter— Even though the sun is shining now, in a few short months it may be a while until some parts of the country go days with grey and gloomy skies. With an estimated 42% of the American population Vitamin D deficient, it leaves us wondering how much Vitamin D do our bodies need and how do we go about getting enough of it? Speak with Nicole Avena, PhD, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Visiting Professor of Health Psychology, Princeton University about signs and symptoms of a Vitamin D deficiency, how much Vitamin D our bodies really need as well as the best ways to get enough on a daily basis.
- Bad Haircut? Here’s How to Fix It--Let’s be honest, haircuts aren’t always pretty. Sometimes the result comes as more of a shock to us than the overpriced bill we get afterwards. So, what do we do after our hairdresser turns us around the swivel chair, asks us “what we think” and we lie to their face saying we love it? NYC hairstylist Kali Ferrara of the Roy Teeluck Salon in Midtown East is available to speak about the best ways to fix a bad haircut, how to get your hair to grow back ASAP and ways to maintain healthy, happy hair.
- Latest and Greatest in Probiotics: Probiotics have become fairly popular in mainstream media, but do you know just how these miracle supplements work? Probiotics are living microorganisms (bacteria) that can improve the health of the gut. Since our gut is an ecosystem, and probiotics are part of that ecosystem, they are important for ensuring good digestive health. Nicole Avena, PhD, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Visiting Professor of Health Psychology, Princeton University is available to discuss what exactly probiotics are/where you can find them, their benefits, and what the difference is between probiotics vs. prebiotics.
- Getting Your Best Holiday Hair: Holiday parties are just around the corner and while you might be keeping your eyes open for new holiday attire, it’s time to start taking care of your hair so that when it comes time to show everything off, your hair looks just as shiny as your new dress! Speak with NYC Hair Stylist, Lucy Garcia Planck, from Salon Bergdorf Goodman, on how to make sure your hair stands out this holiday season.
For more information visit: