Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kim Kardashian's Fit in Your Jeans by Friday Ultimate Butt Body Sculpt





This dvd is led by Jen Galardi who works out w/ Kim in a nice studio/ apartment looking set that I thought was really cute & unique. The dvd has a 6 minute w/u, 15 minute lower body strength workout, a 20 minute cardio & lower body workout, and a bonus 5 minute butt workout. The dvd allows you to play all or select a workout. You will need dumbbells for both w/o's and a step & dumbbells for w/o #2.

Lower Body Workout #1: This workout starts w/ an unwieghted pliet series, including pliet heel drag, pliet into lunge and she adds arm movements to up the intensity a bit. Then you do a weighted squat series (she uses extremely light weights-but I used heavier), squat w/ overhead press, walking squats w/ a kick and overhead press, squat pulses side to side, etc. Next is a side lunges series that includes some balance & core work with added twists & knee raises. She finishes with standing leg extensions to work the quads and progresses into a balancing stick move.


Lower Body Workout #2: You start with a quick 2 minute warmup. The rest of the work is comprised of: stepping up onto the step w/ a glute extension, static ham curls,  a calf raise series with lots of vareity, a  warrior 2/ lunge move onto the step, plank w/ leg lifts, over the step into a squat off the side, and leg abductions. There is stretching interspersed throughout the work and you conclude with more stretching.

Bonus Butt Blast: This is lying lower body & core work and the moves include: a bridge series w/ plenty of variety alternated with crunches & oblique crunches.

I know nothing about Kim so Im neutral there. I really like Jen and enjoyed this workout quite a bit; she provides excellent form pointers, great cuing, and often offers an "advanced" option. Its quite different than most w/o's I have. Its more of a low weight-high rep type of workout. I like to use it as add-ons to other w/o's. Very versatile w/ time options from 5-45 minutes. I would rate this a lower intermediate workout that is REALLY easy to modify up or down to suit your needs. If you are a Kim fan-Im sure you will love it. If you don't like her- I would probably stay away because while she doesnt lead- she does comment throughout. I received a copy of this dvd to review from Exercise TV.


I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey,
    This review got mentioned on Exercise TV's FB page.
    Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey how cool!!! Im going to go check it out :) Thanks for the info !!!

    ReplyDelete