Monday, November 28, 2011

Dance Off the Inches: Hip Hop Body Blast Review

Today's Review: Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Body Blast
Jennifer Galardi, 2011 **** (4 of 5 stars)

Jennifer leads this 42 minute workout w/ 2 backgrounders in a really cute set. The dvd includes a 21 minute learn the moves tutorial which really helps - I did it then the w/o and had no problems w/ the choreo (which is saying a lot as I have 2 left feet & cant dance). You wont need any equipment for this workout.

The w/o contains 3 separate routines ("to the club," "Groovin," and "Kick It Up") and Jen teaches a move, then adds on until you get a complete routine- while the routines are built add-on style I didnt find this overly TIFTy. Dance Moves include: strike, tap & sit, hip rolls, party arms, stomp, happy feet, hop scotch, bait & switch, wipers, shuffle, skat, chug, slap it, twist & tuck, etc. The workout assumes you have done the step guide- which like I said clearly taught the moves.

I rate this a high beginner workout in terms of cardio and intermediate in terms of choreo. I had no problem catching on after doing the tutorial. Jen cues wonderfully and does a great job of creating mini- routines, fun and great pace. No wasted time overly breaking down the moves during the workout, I like that the step guide is separate. Great energy & fun workout for days you just want to dance! If I were a fan of dance (at all) this would be a 5 star workout- fun & doable & love Jen! I received this dvd to review.


Today's Tip: Your workout routine is making you eat too much
Is your workout causing you to use the "I burned it, I earned it," excuse when it comes to your diet? "Studies show that people tend to eat more calories when they take up exercise,"  The solution: Make your workouts count by pairing them with a healthy diet that stays within the appropriate calorie range your body needs in order to lose or maintain your weight. Olson recommends writing down what you are eating to keep track of calories consumed, and then subtracting the calories you burned, for your true daily number. Read more on Shape

Thanksgiving: How did you all fare? We went to friends house for dinner and I did ok, considering Thanksgiving food is my all time favorite! I made fun cupcakes. Will post a pic later in the week.


Today's LOLz:


No comments:

Post a Comment