Saturday, January 16, 2016

Clean Eating


I am doing a 10 day detox, basically just clean clean eating and a little help from Advocare products. I am not a distributor, though I used to be. Should have kept it going to keep the discount but alas I did not. Anyhow, I am doing the first 10 days of the 24 day challenge and then keeping up with mostly clean eating after the first 10 days. So the obvious, no sugar, no salt, no white foods (bread, mayo, rice etc), no alcohol, no dairy. Tons of lean proteins, veggies, clean carbs (brown rice mostly), you get the jest. You could easily do this without the Advocare products, they just give you a little extra credit loss.

My meals have looked like hard boiled or poached eggs and fruit for breakfast, fruit & nuts or natural nut butters (nothing added-just ground nuts) for snacks, and lean proteins, brown rice & veggies for dinner & lunch. Here are a few pics of some of my meals. I will try to follow up with more recipes & clean eating meal ideas on the blog. If you know any good sites or recipes, please let me know!

This is a bed of greens topped with avocado chicken salad. I took an avocado, some jalapeno Mrs. Dash, black pepper, lime juice, and roasted garlic and combined to make a kind of guacamole. Grilled chicken breast on the bbq with pepper & a little basic no salt seasoning (whatever I had), shredded that & mixed it with the avocado mixture. I measured 5 oz of the mixture and put it on my mixed greens with some chopped tomato. Very very good.


This is grilled Mediterranean Marinated Chicken with grilled veggies & brown rice. I have a rice cooker -if you dont have one GET one! So much easier than stove top & so easy. I marinated chicken breast & veggies with this recipe (also below) for a few hours, then put them on the grill with a grill mat, omitting the kebabs makes it so much easier. Since I meal prep sticks are really unnecessary. Made everything on Sunday and its yummy all week reheated. I used organic peppers, onions, & eggplant. On the grill:



Marinade INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice

On my plate a few days later


Visit Me On: 
Lindsey Lu on Instagram
Lindsey Lu on Facebook 
Lindsey Lu on Twitter

 Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment