Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The FIRM: Bust & Butt Review


The FIRM: Bust & Butt
Tamela Hastie, Carissa Foster, Dale Brabham, 1999


This is a 45 min Firm Parts video done in the mansion set. There are 3 different leads and a large group of background exercisers. It is an all strength workout, no cardio, but some of the lower body work will get your heartrate up. For this workout you will need dumbbells, a short step, a tall step, ankle weights and an optional weighted ball and barbell.


There is some ab & pushup work on the floor along with a set of donkey kicks with ankle weights but the majority of the workout is done standing. The standing work includes squats, hover squats, lunges, dips, bicep curls, overhead press, tricep kickbacks, bunney lunges, french press, etc. There are at least 4 sets of pushups and a sufficient amount of ab work.


I like this workout and all the leads but its definately not my favorite. Im not really sure why. Maybe because this isnt my favorite group of Firm leads and also not my favorite genre of Firms (Post Classic). It is also really heavy on pushups (as the title would suggest) but does cover all the other muscle groups. It is light on upper body work-besides chest.


I would rate this as solid intermediate but it could go either way depending on the poundage you use.

1 comment:

  1. I **love** thrift stores. I actually think of you when I see Hello Kitty stuff--always wonder if you have what I see. lol

    Bust and Butt--bought it, watched it once, put it on my shelf and forgot about it! I need to revisit my forgetables. I always liked Clarissa but found her cueing hard to follow. Dale I like pretty well. Tamela's work scared me because I viewed her workouts when I was just starting out and they seemed too difficult. I'm going to have to find some time and watch videos again soon because I may have changed my mind on some of them.

    ReplyDelete