Alison Davis, 2007 **** (4 of 5 stars)
Cardio Overdrive is a 46 minute AWT (mostly cardio) w/o led by Alison with 4 backgrounders; Sue Mi shows the beginner modifications. This dvd was originally released with the TransFirmation set but is available individually now. The set is white brick walls and hardwood floors. They use one set of light (3 lb) dumbells.
You could use a variety of dumbbells if you wanted to up the strenght work. I used my 8's throughout to keep it a light AWT cardio w/o. This is a good little workout, lots of unique and fun cardio moves without being overly choreographed but still "fresh & fun." The bulk is cardio but there are 2 or 3 "strength" sets thrown in.
The cardio moves includes V-steps, hip shakes, skaters, plyos w/ punches, knee ups, kicks, side knee repeaters, quad stars, double step touches and other straight forward cardio work. The strength work is mostly all 4-limb so it can keep your heartrate up nicely if you up the intensity a bit. You will see lunges, dips, and squats combined with rows, bicep curls, OH press, clean & press, french press, etc.
I would rate this an intermediate workout that can easily be modified up or down to suit your needs. I like Alison as a lead; she has a way of adding in fun twists to tradition Firm moves to keep the w/o's fun but not confusing. Her cueing is great and overall its a good little fairly unique light AWT w/o.
Want to try this workout? Head on over to The Firm and buy yourself a copy! Want to win it? Enter here!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me which Firm dvd you would like from their store here. Don't forget to leave your email address in one of your entries. And remember 2 entries = 2 comments.
- 1 Entry: Follow my blog via GFC. Already a follower? Just leave a comment saying so
- 2 Entries Per Giveaway: Enter any of my other current giveaways.
- 3 Entries: Enter to win a nonslip exercise hair band on Win, Lose, or Blog here.
- 1 Entry: Facebook like The Firm (already do? Tell me so)
- 2 Entries: Leave a comment on their Facebook wall telling them that I sent you
- 5 Entries: Re-blog about this giveaway and leave a link (leave 5 comments)
- 10 Entries: Purchase something from The Firm Direct THIS WEEK and tell me what you bought
- 1 Entry: What is your favorite Firm dvd
- 1 Per Tweet: Tweet up to 3X daily, one hour apart. Leave a link!
I received a sample of this product for this review and was in no other way compensated for my honest review. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own.