Sunday, November 25, 2012

Recipes Using Pork: The Other White Meat!

I am a huge fan of BzzAgent! Why- because they allow me to try new products and share with my friends! I got to join the Pork Be Inspired BzzCampaign! I love pork as an alternate to chicken. I love white meat pork and it is very versatile and moist. My whole family enjoys it and its my secret that its GOOD FOR YOU! Better than boring dry chicken. Very moist & delicious.  Keep reading to see two of my fav pork recipes. We love to grill and its grilling season here so we had both of these last week and they were huge hits all around!



Asian Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
 (from Food.com)
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • tablespoons vegetable oil
  • tablespoons brown sugar
  • garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • teaspoon dark sesame oil
  • 4 (5 ounce) boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick

DIRECTIONS:





  1. 1 In a large re-sealable plastic bag place, oils, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic; mix well.
  2. 2 Add pork chops.
  3. 3 Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes- 2 hours.
  4. 4 Remove from marinade and discard marinade. Grill over medium coals 6 to 7 minutes per side or until pork is cooked through.

  5. Lemongrass Pork Chops & Quick Pickled Carrots 
    (altered from a recipe in Cooking Light)

    Pork Chops:
    1/4 cup minced shallots
    3 TBS minced lemongrass
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 TBS dark brown sugar
    2 TBS asian fish sauce
    1 TBS oil
    2 tsp soy sauce
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    4-5 oz thin cut pork chops
    Carrots:
    1/2 cup white vinegar
    3 TBS + 1 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    4 medium carrots peeled & cut into match sticks 

    Combine shallots, lemongrass, garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce, both oils, soy sauce, & pepper in a food processor or blender & blend until just combined. 

    Place pork chops & marinade in a large ziploc, gently massage into pork chops. Refrigerate sealed bag for 3 hours. 

    Combine carrots, sugar, & salt in a wide shalllow dish. Add carrots, tossing to caot. Cover & sset aside, tossing 1 or 2 X, for 1 hour. 

    Discard marinade from chops, heat a grill pan (I used the Foreman grill) over med-high heat. Spray pan w/ cooking spray & grill chops for 2-3 min per side or unti just cooked through. Serve w/ carrots


For more information, visit:
The Bzzagent website
 Pork Be Inspired on the web
Pork Be Inspired on Facebook

 received a sample of this product from Bzzagent to review.  I am a bzzagent and participate in their program. I was in no other way compensated for my honest review. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.   Please see my disclosures page for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment