Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mizuno Wave Paradox: Supportive Running Shoe Meets High Fashion!


I am a running/ exercise shoe junkie. I have tried pretty much every brand, well at least I thought I had. Enter the Mizuno Wave Paradox. I have always worn Mizuno cleats for softball (going way back to high school even!) but until recently, was not aware that Mizuno made running shoes! It gets better, they are created for runners that overpronate, are lightweight, are SUPER CUTE, and are SO supportive. I am in love with these and am SO excited to have discovered Mizuno - my fav cleat brand is now my fav running shoe. 

Mizuno has combined everything they learned about control shoes with their famous lightweight construction methods to create a shoe for excessive overpronation control that is very light and will not weigh you down. A Smoothride engineered midsole with Fan Wave Technology provides a stable ride from landing to toe-off. I am gearing up for the upcoming 5K season here and these have been a Godsend. The cushion and support that these provide really help with my stiff knee & ankle and of course are amazing for overpronation. The sole is supportive & cushioned from heel to toe. Unlike some of the other brands that thin out so much in the toe. I want all the support & cushion I can get for these joints!


Now you may be thinking “Support shoe”…and think of those old nursing shoes that are super clunky (not to mention super ugly) and far from modern and fresh.  I do not want or need bulk or clunk in my running support shoes. In today’s modern era of technology, there’s no reason ANY running shoe should not look good.  At least, that’s how Mizuno saw it when they set out to create the Wave Paradox – the lightest, sleekest support shoe on the market. LOVE LOVE LOVE the color scheme and design pattern on these. Seriously hot pink & neon green with the black & white is beyond cute & super unique. I get compliments on these every time I wear them. Check out the bottom of the sole- even that is cute
The tendency of running shoe brands is to slap on extra material to the outsole, adding a ton of extra weight, and then calling it a support shoe, my weak ankle cant handle all this extra weight when trekking along my race route. What I love is that Mizuno took a different route, focusing on the shoe’s sidewall and engineering an extremely lightweight support “chassis,” at only 8.6 ounces in the women’s shoe, which gives you all the stability without the added weight that other supportive running shoes have.

Overpronators (runners whose feet roll to far inward) are ecstatic to now sport an unexpected support shoe option. The Wave Paradox has a totally unique look, inspired by the repetitive pattern of Japanese umbrellas. The shoe’s super cute pattern has flowing lines that appear to be curved but are actually straight, further adding to the shoe’s paradoxical beauty. I love love love the look. These are cute enough to wear with jeans on a casual day but of course are made to train. Gear up for your next road race, treadmill sweatfest and all of your exercise options. 

For More Information, Visit:
Mizuno on the web
Mizuno on Facebook
Mizuno on Twitter
Mizuno on YouTube
Mizuno on  Pinterest

I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment