Friday, January 23, 2015

Cathe Friedrich: Rock Out Knock Out Review

Cathe Friedrich: Rockout Knockout
Cathe Friedrich, 2013

Cathe leads this 55 min kickboxing workout in a gym set with 3 backgrounders. The DVD also includes a 10 min bonus heavy bag routine. Cathe & crew use boxing gloves for a portion of the workout, though you could use weighted gloves or no gloves at all. The DVD is chaptered and includes a TON of premixes.

After a warmup you move into a boxing routine with no gloves: jab cross plyo knee pulls, jab & jack series, speed bag up -cross & shuffle back, jump rope variations, step side kick & pump, scissors, plyo hop forward & block jacks back, ice breakers, march & hitch kick, plyo kicks, elbow strikes, punches, & plyos. Glove routine: X jumps, punches with combos, shuffle & slip, & flurry. Kickbox Combos: punch & kick combos, knee & elbow strikes, punch & kick combos, and finishes with core work & a cooldown.

I rate this a high intermediate routine. Cathe keeps you going pretty nonstop and the pace is quick. Fun routines that will get your heartrate up & are easy to follow without being boring. Cathe's instruction is impeccable and I enjoy her instruction style. As with most boxing/ kickboxing workouts, you give it your all and you can get an amazing workout. I did NOT receive this DVD to review.

For More Information, Visit:
The Cathe Website
Cathe on Facebook
Cathe on Twitter

I purchased this DVD from Collage Video about a year ago and am finally getting around to posting my review. Just posting my review so others can enjoy :) All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment