Wednesday, April 24, 2019

INTERVIEW: Step With Steven's Steven SanSoucie & Discount Code


I had the pleasure to "interview" Steven SanSoucie of Step With Steven. Keep reading for some awesome insights from Steven SanSoucie who has just put out two FANTASTIC workout DVDs (you can view my reviews here). Thank you so much Steven for taking the time to share your knowledge and insights with us. This is an awesome interview & I am so excited to share with everyone. 

25% discount code “Lindsey2019” (cap sensitive)


Lindsey Lu: Please tell us a little about yourself & how you got started in the fitness industry.   
Steven: I never imagined I would be in the fitness industry.  My full time career is in a corporate setting (I'm a corp financial controller and sit a desk and computer all day)  I was overweight most of my life and it was starting to take a toll on my health.  I'm a late bloomer to the fitness world and in my 30's I joined a gym in the hopes of getting healthier and more fit.  I joined and honestly didn't know where to start.  I was intimidated and felt a little lost.  One day I decided to take a fitness class at the gym and almost couldn't make it through the entire class, but I stuck with it.  And as I started losing weight and getting stronger, it was easier.  I became friendly with the instructor and she inspired me.  I decided to take the group instructor training with AFAA and amazingly I passed  Back then they had a specialty (add on) certification for Step as well which I also took as it was a favorite format of mine.  After passing the certification(s) I reached out to the local YMCA and asked if I could be placed on a sub list.  A few months later they called me to sub and I taught my first class.  I was scared, but it came pretty natural to me.  From there I ended up teaching 14-15 classes a week at various gyms on top of my full time job.  I got hooked and the rest is history I suppose.  I have reduced my class schedule to an average of 10 per week currently and teach Step, Kickboxing, PiYo, Hi/Lo, Cardio Sculpt, Total Body Conditioning and P90x.....and love every minute of it!   

Lindsey Lu: Do you have any plans for new workout DVDs in the future you can share with us?  
Steven: Yes - Last year was my debut of making a professional workout DVD (Stepping Alive and Sizzle and Chisel).  Greg Twombly (who is simply amazing) directed my last two videos.  The plan was to only do one video last year (Stepping Alive), but at the last minute we decided to add a muscle conditioning video thinking it would have a bigger audience appeal......oddly, the Step Video has sold more.  LOL  But to answer your question, yes I plan on putting out another Step DVD sometime soon.   It wont' be this year (it's very costly for a professional production) but I'm hoping next year I'll be able to work with Greg again.  They say the first video is the hardest to do (but you'll treasure it the most).  I learned a lot filming and looking forward to the next time in front of the camera as I'll know what to expect now!  LOL

Lindsey Lu: You have lost and maintained NINETY pounds! What an amazing accomplishment! What is a piece of advice you can share with us about maintaining/ getting started in a healthier
lifestyle? 
 
Steven: Slow and steady.   I have lost over 90 lbs and it's been life changing.   I'm 45 years old and in the best shape of my life!  I didnt realize how bad I felt, until I felt this good!  That being said - it's work.   Some days it's easier to stay on track than others - but when you fall out of your routine or diet, you can start the next day.  It's never too late.    I'd be lying if I say I don't still enjoy some "cheat days" - but it's all about balance for me.  I try to stick to a healthier meal plan and move as much as I can (along with strength training).

Lindsey Lu: Your choreography is so fresh & fun! Is step your main fitness "love" or do you mix it
up? What does your typical workout week look like? 
 
Steven: I love all formats I teach - but Step is near and dear to my heart.  I've heard in the industry that "Step is out" but I really feel it's such a great overall workout....and it's super fun too!  I choreograph a lot of a material when I doing everyday things (for example I may be in the kitchen cooking and my feet start "stepping".  I drive my husband a little crazy when we're out shopping and I'm "grapevining down the aisles".   I try to make my choreography something that everyone can follow.  It's complex at times, but there are options.  Personally, I think there is a fine line of making the workout advanced another for veteran exercises but doable for beginners.  I want to appeal to everyone in the fitness journey.  I've heard "I could never do that"....and my response is "try"  You'll be amazed at what you can do.  My typical workout week is Step 4 (4x  per week) cardio strength (P90x or other formats 4x per week)  Kickboxing (1x per week), Piyo (2x per week).  It changes from time to time, but I try to balance out steady state cardio with some muscle conditioning as i really feel you need both.

Lindsey Lu: We are all busy with work, school, family, etc - do you have any advice for us on how to get our workouts in?  
Steven: Most people can sneak in 20 min a day somewhere.  You don't have to belong to a gym to be active.  Home workouts (DVDs streaming etc) are great ways to be able to workout when you can.   Everyone deserves some "me time"  so if you need to book an "appointment" for yourself, do it - you'll be a happy you did!   You'll be amazed at what 20-30 min can do for your mind and body.
For More Information, Visit: 
Step With Steven on the web
Step With Steven on Instagram
Step With Steven on Facebook

I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment