Wednesday, January 31, 2018

2017 Year In Review. What Was HOT For Me In 2017

2017 has officially wrapped up. 2017 was a great year! 

We traveled a LOT last year. Last year end, we went on a cruise to Belize, Cozumel, & Roatan. Then in the spring we went to St. Maarten & Anguilla. Summer we took our oldest niece on a cruise from NYC, to Florida, and 2 islands in the Bahamas. Then in the winter we took a final cruise to 2 islands in the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. Then a TON of weekend flights to Las Vegas, and we even ventured to CA and UT last year. Almost contemplating starting a travel blog.....

Bahamas 12.2017
I led with travel on a health & fitness blog because of all this travel, need I even mention there was weight gain so DH & I just started doing Nutrisystem. If you have followed the blog, you will know that MANY years ago, I got to review Nutrisystem and had great success on it. This time around DH wanted to join in & I thought NS would just be easier for us both to do. Not as much cooking, meal prepping, and shopping as with many other programs. And I know its not clean eating but for something that is easy to do for both DH & I NS seemed like a great fit - and so far I have lost 8 lbs!! I am on day 18 so that is a great loss rate for me. I would LOVE to lose another 6 pounds, that would put me below my all time low so we shall see how it pans out.

pre-workout this morning
Fitness front: I am not doing any runs this year with the exception of the Phoenix Pride Race (as long as I am in town). My knees and ankle are just not up to running on concrete. My gym has those nice thick cushions which are a must have for me. I have been SUPER consistent with my morning hour workouts in my home gym and even got in a ton of 20 minute "bonus" walking workouts in the evenings- mostly from YouTube. I just finished up the wall to wall flooring in my gym this year & I LOVE it!


Exercise Favorites: My favorite exercise set this year was by far X-Train Fit Circuit Burnout 90 with Monique St. Pierre. The set is super well rounded, wastes no time, has a great lead, & is very effective. I LOVE the circuit format and Monique keeps things fun & effective in every single workout. Like all X-Train Fit systems, the cost is totally affordable, they really give you a HUGE bang for your buck with their systems.

Circuit Burnout 90
Fitness Kit Favorites: I loved the Empower Fitness 3-in-1 Kettlebell Kit. The kettlebell quickly & easily adjusts from 5 to 8 to 12 lbs and comes with an awesome DVD. I was surprised I loved this so much, because I was not hugely into kettlebells. BUT my issue was using too heavy a bell, which is why I love this bell. I was previously using a 27 lb bell. Gin Miller leads the DVD that comes with the bell & she is fabulous. The DVD contains 3 full workouts, a warm up & a cool down. LOVE!

Empower 3-in-1 Kettlebell
Yoga Favorites: Hands down Boho Beautiful in 10 Days. I LOVE this system and I am not a huge yoga person. Juliana is an awesome instructor with the perfect demeanor for these routines. I love the gorgeous outdoor beach settings and that each day gives you yoga, fitness, & meditation. Def check out my reviews for this set. Love the mind + body focus in this set.

Boho Beautiful in 10 Days

Active Wear Favorites: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ori Active! Their clothes are SUPER cute. Mary from Total Fitness DVD's is the owner of this site so you know you will get amazing quality and stellar customer service. Their clothing is Activewear with a Polynesian Flair. High quality, great fit, & unique styles.

Ori Active
I also LOVE Jill Yoga. They have super cute, fun prints, like galaxy and fun colors. They also offer mom & me sets so you can twin up with your mini. Great fit, great quality and super affordable pieces that you can stock up on.

Jill Yoga

Beauty Favorites: I LOVE Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic Kampuku Beauty Bar. This is a probiotic beauty bar (bar of soap) that can be used on your face and entire body. It is gentle enough for my sensitive skin & I use it as a face wash. The bar has lasted me MONTHS and months & is super effective at cleansing my skin & reduces breakouts. I highly recommend. Much less expensive than expensive face cleansers and it works better!

Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic Kampuku Beauty Bar
I also love WITH MY Toothpaste. It is fluoride free, cruelty free, vegan, and natural! I love the lemon flavor. I can brush my teeth and then enjoy my preworkout drink without souring the taste of my drink like normal mint toothpaste can do. The toothpaste works great & I love that it contains no fluoride & is vegan!
WITH MY Toothpaste

Food Favorites:
Modern Table Meals in 15 Minutes with Complete Plant Protein. These are pasta based meals that are gluten free, packed with protein, and made from lentils & other plant sources. The mac n cheese is amazing & my entire family happily ate it. Great substitute for the normal "junky"versions that kids (and husbands) love.

Modern Table Meals


Visit Me On: 
Lindsey Lu on Instagram
Lindsey Lu on Facebook 
Lindsey Lu on Twitter
Lindsey Lu on Pinterest
Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com. I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment