Monday, February 1, 2010

The FIRM: Jiggle Free Buns Review



The FIRM: Jiggle Free Buns 
Pam Cauthen Meriwether, 2005


This is one of the 30 minute add-ons to the Firm TransFirmer system. I absolutely love this workout and Jiggle Free Arms. Pam leads w/ 4 background exercisers; Alison provides the beginner modifications. You will need the TransFirmer (TF) and a range of dumbbells. By the end of the 30 minutes I have always burned some good calories and worked up a nice sweat. She moves slow enough to allow you to really heavy up.


Pam is very good about using the TF in all of its positions. It was advertised as being able to be used in 5 positions and she uses them all. You do a fun hot cross buns move where the 6inch segment is placed in front of the 8 inch segment, incline step work, lunges onto the incline, and regular step work.


She hits all the lower body muscles and includes a good amount of cardio. For cardio you will see: step aerobics, incline step aerobics, floor aerbics, tall box climb, etc.


For strength work: leg press, squats, hover squats, side lunges onto the incline, forward lunges onto the incline, dips, dips off the blue section of the TF, pliets, etc. Its a fair amount of lower body work considering 1/2 the w/o is cardio.

I usually add on some more lower body work to this dvd to make a complete lower body day. Or addon Jiggle Free Arms for a total body + aerobics day. I would rate this solid intermediate but as with all Firms, it is easy to modify to suit your needs.


Pam is a wonderful lead, one of my favorites as a matter of fact. Her cueing is spot on and she has a lovely demeanor. She looks fantastic, much better in this set than she did in BSS3-maybe her and Christa went out for a big mac (or 2)...

3 comments:

  1. Jiggle free buns. Hehe. You really should try another personal trainer if you are that discouraged about your platuae. I've never had one but if anyone's going to get you past it, it should be them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, Lindsey! As a fellow "biggest loser", I have to bust my ass just to maintain my weight/body composition. If there were any justice in the world, I'd look like Amy Bento by now - and be at least 5" taller.

    Maybe you should give the trainer another chance? As Jill says, busting plateaus is what they do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh such smart ladies. I will give that guy a call today and see if I can set something up for this week. I would LOVE to bust this plateau, for good!

    Red, LOL, I would look like Cindy Whitmarsh :) Wow, wouldnt we be a good looking pair!

    ReplyDelete