Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tae Bo- Ab Bootcamp Review


Tae Bo- Ab Bootcamp
Billy Blanks, 2005

This is a 35 minute ab workout. The first half is standing ab work and the second half is floor work. I really felt all the moves were pretty darn unique. I personally have not seen most of them elsewhere. While its not a killer routine, I always feel it the next day. It includes a ton of oblique work! Billy stresses slimming the waist (by twisting and such) and strengthening (crunches, etc) and that both are important to good abs. This workout actually didnt really strike me as a kickboxing workout-no punches or kicks.

The workout may have a very mild cardio effect because for the first part you are standing and pulling your knees in, etc. sometimes at a pretty quick pace. The standing routine includes (a lot of) twisting, knee pulls, side knee pulls, etc.

You could easily split this w/o up and stop or start after the standing work. The floor work includes side crunches where you pull your knee into your elbow, some lying ab work, and other unique crunch variations.

I would rate this as a solid intermediate ab workout. I enjoy the workout because its so unique and I do feel it works my muscles in a different way than just doing typical ab work. Billy is a counter "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8" so if that annoys you, you probably wont like many Tae Bo w/o's.

No comments:

Post a Comment