Thursday, May 20, 2010

The FIRM Complete Body Sculpting Review

The FIRM Complete Body Sculpting
Christa Riley, 2004

This is a 50 min mostly strength workout led by Christa with 4 background exercisers. Libby provides the beginner modifications. This is from the BSS3 series-they exercise on their own round pedestals and theres a banner in the background w/ the Firm logo and it kind of changes colors. You will need an incline box (death box, TransFirmer, or slanted risers) and various dumbbells for this workout.

Christa hits all the muscle groups nicely in this workout. You will see a lot of the typical Firm fare here: leg press, dips, squats, tricep dips, bicep curls, lat raises, and the likes thereof. The bulk of the workout is done standing but you do a nice set of exercises lying at the end: weighted bridge work, pec fly, bench press, tricep work, and ab work. There is also a set of pushups in there somewhere.

 There are a few ncie cardio breaks in here as well. The moves are straightforward and athletic-nothing dancy or hard to follow. Its typical Firm cardio on the floor, on the box, and on the incline-knee ups, ham curls, step touch, V steps, etc.

I really like this dvd-mostly because you can really heavy up (well for Firm standards). I used my 2 heaviest sets of dumbbells for the entire workout. Christa is a good lead and cues well. The only things I didnt care for were: Christa & Pam were entirely too thin-almost sickly looking and unhealthy. And while the workout is good-its not "memorable" a pretty generic Firm, I guess. But again, I do enjoy it and use it fairly often. I would rate this a solid intermediate w/o

Today's Bargains:
-for an additional entry to win Jeanette Jenkins Bikini Bootcamp (after the mandatory entry listed on this post) go to TotalFitnessDvds.com and tell me which dvd you would like to try.
-Go here for a free sample Cliff Bar.
-Enter to win 2 candles from Mountain Mama's Kitchen on Mommy2TwoGirls here.
 
Oh how I am LOVING these enter to win" contests!!!! I have won quite a few, so if you have the time-ENTER!!!! Heres what Ive won recently (these are not sample sizes either!):
  • Safely Slim protein powder
  • waxing kit
  • yogurt prize pack
  • Tropical Treatments coconut oil hair treatment
  • $150 worth of organic grass fed beef (20 #s)
  • High Sierra shoulder bag
  • 15 mineral eyeshadows from Mineral Basics
Today's LOLz:

9 comments:

  1. I want to try the Aero Barre presently on pre-order but am patiently waiting to see the clips after Mary gets the dvds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to try kettle bell volume one and two. Love the sushi go round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I love all the hello kitty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I all your Hello Kitty stuff and the cool photo of you, Allie and Alison at the Firm!!! You look fabulous! I checked out Mary's site again and I think I'd like to try one of Tracie Long's new dvds that are coming out end of May/early June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOL'd when you said you're not an 8 yr old!!! I LOVE Hello Kitty too - and I really enjoy looking at all your HK stuff. My boyfriend started a very small HK collection for me - stuff he finds at thrift stores. I get so excited when he presents me with his HK finds. And, yes, I totally got the Hubba Bubba Baby title. Great review! I'll be back after I visit Mary's site...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'd love to have Tracie Long's Step Forward. totalfitnessdvds is the best!!!

    By the way, congrats on all the contests - that organic beef is a fantastic win!

    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to try "Kettlenetics Slim And Tone Kit 2 DVDs And 4 Lb Kettlebell". Saw their infomercial on TV - got my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, ahhh thats so sweet of your BF!!!! He sounds like a keeper to me! DH brought me home a HK necklace from his trip home, But I think it was actually from his mom LOL. I mean, Ill take it-I dont really care who its from :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that San Rio (the company that owns Hello Kitty - I think I got the name right?) wasn't making a profit on Hello Kitty anymore so they are going to phase her out and bring in new characters... I think I read that in the NY Times. Stock up while you can!

    ReplyDelete