Friday, February 18, 2011

Supreme 90 Day Chest, Shoulders, and Tris Review



Tom Holland, 2010 

This workout led is by Tom Holland who works out with 3 background exercisers in a "lifting gym" type set. Tom acts as a personal trainer & assists the others in the work. You will need dumbbells & a stability ball though Tom offers 'no equipment' options throughout. The dvd includes a chaptered warmup, workout, and cooldown and is approximately 45 minutes in entirety. Includes a music only option.

The workout is sequenced that you do three exercises in a circuit (which is shown once beforehand so you know what to expect) and then repeated three times. Exercises include: spider crawl pushups, Arnold press, tri kickback, bench press on ball, plank lat raise combo, overhead press on ball, tricep combo on the ball, pec fly w/ leg drop (hits the abs), etc. 

What I really liked was that each participant basically goes at their own pace-so you can pick one to follow or simply go at YOUR own pace. Some of the exercisers will go and change weights between moves & then jump in to start their reps. Tom says- 8-12 reps and stresses good form. So you do what you can do with good form. By the end of the 40ish minutes my chest, shoulders, and tri's were VERY well worked and I know I will be feeling this tomorrow. I like Tom- great pointers, good personality and cuing. I can't wait to try the rest of the discs in this set. I received this dvd to review from Supreme 90


13 comments:

  1. Ooh! I haven't heard of this DVD set before but it is a fantastic deal, and I can't wait to hear what you think of the rest of the discs! I'm on a fitness DVD buying hiatus, but this might be first on my list when it's over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its (so far) an awesome system at an unbelievable price! I heard people are finding them at Walgreens & CVS for the same price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny~I started S90 today, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha great minds think alike!!!! Its not even a Monday or the beginning of the month & we both started. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Lindsey - I'm so glad you're reviewing this because I've been curious since reading about it on VF. I will be reading your reviews with a lot of interest. That is a GREAT price!

    Please tell me - would you consider this to be Advanced level or could you modify up or down to suit your needs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi FK :) you could easily modify the strength work down by using lighter weights & less reps. Ive only done the 1 so far but that was totally modifiable. I will be doing a cardio here as soon as I get off the computer LOL. I will report back & be sure to include this in my next post. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that this set is such a steal. It was super easy to modify the speed and go at your own pace. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree-you can not beat the price!!!! I just did the Tabata Inferno and totally agree w/ you Kris, you can easily go at your own pace or do what you can in the time frame. I also like Tom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Looking forward to more reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a workout with this many options taking less than an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great workout, and an even better deal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how there are 'no equipment' options on this one.

    ReplyDelete