Monday, February 7, 2011

Exercise TV Lose Weight in 8 Review



Exercise TV: Lose Weight in 8 
Paul Vincent, Kenny Kane, Kathy Faulstich, 2010


This dvd has three 30ish minute cardio/ strength w/o's, two 15 min active recovery workouts, and three 3 min instructional w/o's. All three trainers w/o individually with one participant; the instructor shows the move and then the participant performs. The set is nice & open and has a gym look to it. You will need dumbbells for the athletic & yoga sculpt w/o's. The program is set up so you do a 30 min C+S w/o alternating w/ a 15 min active recovery w/o 5 days per week.

Athletic Conditioning: (Paul) Moves include kettlebell swing, push up side plank, spinal extension, bronco (a jumping plank switch type move), bridge, crunch & roll, unweighted mil press/ plyo lunge. You perform the 8 moves three times, each circuit getting progressively faster paced & more challenging. Really fun & effective moves, very unique. I like Paul.

Agility X: (Kenny) Moves include: bear (walking pike), crabwalk, creepy crawly (low mud crawl), duck walk, jab-cross-front kick-back kick combo. You perform the 8 moves three times. The 1st time you do the circuit you learn the moves and the punches & kicks are broken down. The 2nd round he combines the punches & kicks into a combo and you do that for 1 minute in-between each animal  move. The 3rd time through you alternate the kickboxing combo and each animal move for 30 seconds. I added a jump kick to each of his kicks and was WORN by the end of this section. Very unique, very functional.

Yoga Sculpt: (Kathy) Moves include: crescent (lunge) knee up combo, tree w/ biceps, chair squat into overhead press, warrior 2 w/ lat raise, triangle - windmill, plank rows, low back swim, updog to childs pose. Kathy uses light weights but I used a variety. You perform the 8 moves three times. I would consider this more of a sculpt w/o than yoga. Enjoyed the unique combo moves and liked Kathy.

Active Recovery 1 & 2: Paul leads Active Recovery #1. You will need a foam roller & a strap or stretchy band for this active stretch workout. Kathy leads Active Recovery #2. You wont need any props for this yoga inspired stretch & flexibility workout.

I LOVED these workouts!!! SUPER SUPER unique and effective- felt my muscles were def worked differently! The 3 main w/o's are all functional fitness/ cardio + sculpt/ body weight type workouts. I would rate the workouts high intermediates done as is- up the poundage or add a few jumps and get a nice advanced workout. Absolutely enjoyed them all. You could really use these workouts as cardio or strength depending on the poundage you used. My heart was pumping and I was sweating like crazy. All three instructors have great personalities and cuing. I will be getting a TON of use out of this dvd. Super versatile and tons of time options. I received this dvd from Exercise TV to review.

I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. really detailed review of Lose Weight in 8. I definitely want to give it a try--sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it! Cant wait to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete