I have thought about it (after all that's me ^ they're saying is not typical). So this statement says that using (Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, The Firm, Beach Body, etc.) will typically NOT get you the results of the person that's hawking the system to you? Why is that? Does the product NOT work, Is it a gimmick?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that results ARE typical IF you put in the time and follow the rules. I'm saying that for most exercise/healthy eating systems-you can and will lose weight using them (using is the key word here) you can lose 10 lbs, you can lose 100 lbs. Will simply purchasing the system make you lose weight-NO. Will looking at it, researching it online, reading all the pamphlets that come in the box shed those pounds-NO!
WHAT WILL help you lose weight--using the system consistently and in conjunction with healthy eating habits/ consistent exercise. Wow-that seems so simple? No magic pills, no expensive surgeries, no hormone shots (YES they are really doing that now), no cabbage soup diets. Just plain and simple hard work!
I have maintained a 90 lb weight loss for about six years now by simply living healthy. No fad diets or crazy exercise programs. I eat healthy real foods in moderation and exercise 6 days a week. If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! Here is a link to my about me page for a bit more info.
What Works For Me:
- Find healthy foods you love and work with those
- Find an exercise you enjoy-if you don't like it-you wont do it
- Exercise for 45-60 minutes 5-6 days a week and make sure your working hard! A leisurely stroll around the block for 20 minutes 3 times a week isn't going to get you results. And DON'T ignore strength training-we need it!
- Cut out "white" foods (mayo, full fat dairy, white pasta, white rice, white bread) most white foods are refined - the nutrients have been removed.
- Aim for your body weight X 10 for your caloric needs (ie 150 lb person should consume 1,500 calories a day). BUT do not exceed 2,000 calories a day and do not go under 1,200
- Read food labels!
- Cut out fast food. Prepare your meals based around fresh fruits and vegis and lean proteins.
- Eat enough food. Don't use this as an excuse to overeat but know that undereating will come back and bite you. Your body will store more fat and not function properly without proper nutrition. You will end up binging when you deny yourself too much.