Monday, May 2, 2016

Cathe ICE Review: Metabolic Total Body


I recently bought Cathe's newest series ICE. ICE stands for Intermediate Conditioning Extreme. The set includes seven DVDs in one sturdy plastic DVD case. The DVDs also contain five "Muscle Meltdown" workout, two ab workouts, and five "Blizzard Blast" workouts. The Muscle Meltdowns are short body part specific all strength routines. The Blizzard Blasts are shorter, original footage workouts. You can read all of my ICE reviews here.

ICE: Metabolic Total Body
Cathe Friedrich, 2016

Cathe leads this 48 min aerobic weight training workout in her studio with 4 backgrounders. Some modifications options are offered. You will need dumbbells for this workout. It is fully chaptered, contains premixes, ICY Core 1, a Blizzard Blast, and Muscle Meltdown Chest.

After a warm-up, exercises include curtsy clean & press, squat & overhead press, plie & upright row adding a snatch, lunge & row, kettlebell swing & abduction, lunge with curl & press, deadlift & squat, single leg deadlift with alternating front raise, lunge & twist, pushups, plyo squat -clean & press- overhead tri extension, squat & reverse curl, lunge & kickbacks, static lunge with overhead tri extension, sumo & bi curl, lunge & side raise, squat twists, squat punches, and a cooldown stretch.

Cathe uses 8-10's, going a little heavier I rate this a hi intermediate routine. You can easily adjust your poundage to modify the workout up or down. Lots of multi-muscle moves that get your heart rate up and accomplish a lot. This is a good pace, with lots of variety so no "repping to death" here. Cathe does a great job of working all the muscle groups. I did not receive this DVD to review.

For More Information, Visit:
Read all of my Cathe ICE Reviews
The Cathe Website
Cathe on Facebook
Cathe on Twitter

I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. I have so many Cathe workouts and this one looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im starting to acquire more & more :) she is such a great instructor!

    ReplyDelete