Thursday, May 27, 2010

The FIRM Rock Solid Cardio Review

The FIRM: Rock Solid Cardio
Kelsie Daniels, 2008

This is a 32 minute mostly cardio w/o led by Kelsie with 4 background exercisers. Jen shows beginner modifications. I like the Wave set, bright and blue-the ladies work out on a kind of stage w/ the Wave logo in the background. You will need a set of light dumbbells and the Wave for this workout.

After a quick warmup and stretch Kelsie moves into cardio on the stable side of the Wave. She basically does your typical Firm type step aerobics, but on the Wave. Then she goes into a more dancy set that is a bit hard for me to follow.

She does utlize the unstable side of the Wave in a few segments and you will rock the Wave and carve the Wave. You will also use light dumbbells for a few light 4 limb type segments on the Wave. I enjoyed those due to the low impact while keeping my heartrate up. Some of the segments include grapevining and step touching around the Wave a bit-so there is some floor cardio as well.

True of all Wave workouts-the more I do this one the more I enjoy it and the better workout I get. The choreo in this one is a bit tricky in one of the segments-mainly because she doesnt break it down or really even tell you what youre going to be doing. I think choreo lovers would do fine, but Im still a bit lost in that segment.

Kelsie is hit or miss w/ me. I LOVE her in Steamin Cardio & Pump Jump & Jab but her cueing is quite bad in the 500 cal w/o and this one IMO. The main reason I would recomend this w/o is because there are so few Wave w/o's that you may as well get them all so you can really utilize your Wave. Having said that-I did enjoy the w/o this AM and worked up a nice sweat. I would rate this a solid intermediate w/o.

10 comments: