Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7.6.10: Long Weekends-Never Long Enough!

The Other Today: DH was sick all day on Saturday so we stayed in and I made these cards: The sunflower one has a little plastic bubble and you can fill it w/ anything, so sunflower seeds it was!
Today's Workout:
-Firm Rock Solid Abs
-Firm Rock it Off!
*total w/o time 60 min + stretch

Monday's Workout:
-Firm Speed Slimming Sculpt
*total w/o time 30 min + stretch

Sunday- Rest Day

Saturday's Workout:
-Firm Total Body Time Crunch*total w/o time 45 min + stretch

Today's Review: The Firm Total Body Time Crunch
Rebeckah Sturkie, 2007 ***** (4.5 of 5 stars)

This is a 45 min 50% sculpt and 50% cardio w/o led by Rebekah with 4 background exercisers. Emily provides the beginner modifications. The set is the hard wood floor, white brick walls with windows set. You will only need dumbbells for this workout.

After a warmup you move right into a strenght set. The workout alternates strength and cardio sets and ends with some lying chest work and an ab section. The strength work includes a lot of multi muscle moves that are put together nicely so the poundage works for all moves involved.

Examples of the strength work are: squat with bicep curls, overhead tricep extension with a squat, tricep extension with a toe tap, dip with chest work and a knee raise, side lunge, quad-star, and a nice kickboxing inspired segment that I really enjoyed.

Examples of the cardio include: hamstring curl, double step touch, plyos, and other basic athletic style cardio. The cardio sets were good-unique and fun w/out being complicated and she adds in ploys and other higher energy moves to get the heart pumping.

While I really like this workout, I wish it were a full 60 minutes. In only 45 minutes theres not quite enough strength work for me to consider my muscles fully worked. It works out fine because I just add on 15 minutes of strength work to fill my hour slot, but done alone, wouldnt quite be enough IMO. My only other complaint is I have a hard time choosing dumbbell poundage because she sometimes says light and I could easily use med or even heavy. But again, I do really enjoy the workout and Rebeckah is a great lead. Its fun and moves right along, gets my heartrate up nicely and is easy to follow. I would rate this a solid intermediate w/o.

Today's Bargains:
-I will be announcing TWO Fitness dvd giveaways this week (wootwoot). One will be on this blog (Fitness For The Rest Of Us) and one on my partner blog-Win, Lose, or Blog (stay tuned)
-Enter to win 1 of 4 $25 Cold Stone Creamery giftcards on Little Yaya's here.
-Enter to win Xtrema Ceramic Cookware on Review Retreat here.

Today's LOLs: from cakewrecks.com:

3 comments:

  1. Love the cards! On the left of the bird cards, is that patterned paper?

    Can't wait for the TWO giveaways. Hoping I'll soon get lucky :-)

    Those LOLs really are cakewrecks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, Arent those cakes horrible! So funny :)
    It is just patterned paper on the bird cards :)
    Keep entering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lindsey! Your blog is such a pleasure. You blog about many of my interests :-)

    ReplyDelete