Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown Review


Yoga Meltdown
Jillian Michaels, 2009

Jillian works out in her newest set -dark wood w/ light blue accents (very nice) with 2 backgrounders. One shows beginner mods & one shows more advanced modifications. The dvd has a level one workout (35 min) and more advanced level two workout (30 min), you can select which w/o you want from the chapter menu- no play all. You wont need any equipment for this workout. I would consider these yoga toning workouts.

This is a very active toning style yoga dvd. The workouts are set up circuit style (like all her newer stuff). Jillian emphasizes that she includes enough movement to get your heartrate up and burn calories and enough strength work to really tone your muscles. I agree on both accounts. She adds pulses/ reps to each yoga pose so you can really feel it in your muscles- then to really burn it out she has you hold the pose for 15 seconds

Level One: Moves include: mountain, chair w/ extension, chataranga, cobra, down dog w/ leg extensions & knee pulls, pulsing crescent pose (basically static lunges), moving warrior variations, plank to side plank, dolphin, lower back work, and concludes with a cooldown. Intermediate.

Level Two: Moves include: pulsing trainangle, revolving triangle, 1/2 moon w/ balance challenge, chair, leg extension toe lock, deep cresent pose w/ a twist, goddess, crow, boat w/ leg extensions, double leg drop, reverse pushups, and finished with a cooldown. Higher Intermediate.

I ABSOLUTELY loved this workout! It is by far my favorite yoga dvd to date! I love that I really felt the work, enjoyed the flow & the moves, and the time went by super fast. Very unique & challenging. I would rate this a solid to high intermediate but absolutely suitable for  all fitness levels. I cant say enough positive things about this workout- If you are Jillian fan- you'll love it. You will see the classic Jillian "tough guy" persona here (of course!). The w/o's are perfect as standalone w/o's, combined for a 65 minute blast, or to add on to your other strength workouts. I received this dvd from Exercise TV to review.

2 comments:

  1. Love yoga, so now I want that workout! You've got to stop doing this to me... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sorry to enable LOL! I really really like this one- athletic but still yoga.

    ReplyDelete