Thursday, March 10, 2011

3.10.11: Supreme 90 Day Review: Legs and COREgym Info



Supreme 90: Legs
Tom Holland, 2010

Tom leads this workout 35 minute w/o with 3 background exercisers in a nice lifting gym style set. You will need a ball & dumbbells for this workout though the b/g'ers show various options. The dvd is chaptered into warmup and workout- if you select w/u it continues on to the workout (you dont have to go back to the main menu).

This workout really hits your entire lower body & includes 1 core section after the warmup (which is the same on all discs). Tom structures this workout that you do the core circuit twice and the lower body circuit twice. In this dvd- they don't introduce the moves before each circuit but I didnt feel I needed necessarily needed the intro.


Exercises include: weighted ball crunch, lying scissor kicks, seated #ed twists, unweighted squats, lying ball pulls, bridge, lunge-dip combo, deadlift, sumo squats, side lunges, single leg lunge w/ the ball, lunge -reach combo, hip lifts on the ball, 

I would rate this an advanced w/o that can be easily modified by lowering your poundage or doing fewer reps. Tom goes slow enough to allow for heavy poundage but at a good pace to still get your heartrate up. He keeps things moving right along without being rushed. Each participant moves at their own pace- you can follow one of them- or simply go at your own pace. This and all the S90 w/o's have had me sore for days! Like the exercises, like Tom- love the set! I received this set to review.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not much on yoga, but I've been eyeing Jill Miller. Doesn't help when you enable me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I've said it before I'll say it again: I love your reviews and I find them very helpful. Question: Do you ever get overwhelmed with so many new DVDs and fitness products to review?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Supreme 90 workouts are such a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo- Im not also a huge yoga person. Tune Up is more like a Physical Therapy session (in a good way) than yoga IMO. Review coming soon....

    FK- actually right now I am getting overwhelmed LOL. I overcontacted and (lucky me!) heard back from almost everyone. Then heard back from some I had previously contacted. THEN was contacted by a few so it is adding up. Hey maybe I should double up on w/o's LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. and Erin- I really hope these are new pricing trends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great set - I didn't realise that it is advanced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that although this workout is advanced it can be easily modified by doing fewer reps or lowering the poundage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing that they all work at their own pace - that makes me feel better when I can't quite keep up!

    ReplyDelete