Thursday, May 8, 2014

BarreAmped Bootcamp with Suzanne Bowen

BarreAmped Bootcamp
Suzanne Bowen, 2014

This dvd contains 4 separate workouts, a warmup, a complete 10 min stretch routine, and a tutorial. You can play all or select a workout from the menu. You will need light dumbbells and a chair (or barre). Suzanne works out in a lovely brick set w/ 2 backgrounders, one offering modifications.

Boot Camp Arm Work (11 min): Exercises include bi curl variations, chest press, shoulder press, wipers, military press, 2nd position reach & lat pulldown, bent over T-raise, upper back row & tri extension, and tri kickbacks. Suzanne utilizes light weights & higher reps.

Boot Camp Thigh Work (15 min): Exercises include plie & releve series, cardio plie leg lifts, lunge pulses, lunge kicks, lunge & twist, and releve chair series. Tough and nice cardio intensifiers.

Boot Camp Seat Work (14 min): Exercises include bbalance stick glute work, cardio dip & glute raise, balance glute raise, standing front & rear leg raises, and curtsy knee pull to extension at a cardio pace. Lots of great balance& bun work!

Boot Camp Core Work (18 min): Exercises include standing side bends, plie & reach, plank knee drops, Mt climbers, plank shifts, cross knee pull climbers, side plank hip drops, down to up dog, bicycle, and single leg bridge leg raises.

As a whole, I rate this a high intermediate routine. The pace is perfect and does not waste any time. Suzanne offers awesome cuing & excellent form pointers. I really enjoyed this workout (and Im not a barre person) and found it to contain a lot of unique & effective exercises. I love that each segment includes cardio intensifiers to get the heart rate up. I received this dvd to review.

For More Information, Visit:
Suzanne Bowen on the web
Suzanne Bowen Fitness on Facebook
Follow Suzanne Bowen on Twitter

I received samples of these products to review. I was in no other way compensated for my honest reviews. All thoughts and ideas expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Please see my disclosures page for details. Do not copy, in whole, or in part any portion of any postings on my blog. Do not repost my content on any other site without my explicit consent. All of my postings belong solely to lindsey8.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Lindsey. Pinned this one to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great w/o- love Suzanne :) this one surprised me since Im not usually a barre fan.

    ReplyDelete